Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

zip2mail

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
zip2mail

Comments

• fantastic, this is pretty nice. will test shortly.
  • you may want to include a blank index file in the backup directory to prevent odd people finding there way and downloading a copy of someones db.
  • Good idea Vaz. Just have it redirect to the forum home page.
  • That should really be done using a .htaccess file.

Posted: Sunday, 27 May 2007 at 7:38PM

• So which is the solution or do I do both? If I add an htaccess file, what should I put in it?
  • If you want all files in a directory NOT to be listed put this in your .htaccess file...

IndexIgnore *

The * is a wildcard that matches all files, so if you stick that line into an htaccess file in your directory, nothing in that directory will be allowed to be listed.

If, say, you did want HTML pages listed but not images...

IndexIgnore *.gif *.jpg

That should do the trick.

Oh and I would also put an index.html file in the with a redirect to somewhere else.

Posted: Monday, 28 May 2007 at 8:25AM

• I thought I'd give this a go but got the following error, does anyone know where I might've gone wrong or if theres somethings I need to change as I'm not exactly sure what it means. Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 175 bytes) in XXXX/forum/extensions/zip2mail/default.php on line 48
  • Need to change your php.ini memory setting I believe.

1. You can increase the memory allowed per process by editing this line in your php.ini file and restarting Apache:
    memory_limit = 16M (add the line if it is missing)
    2. If you do not have access to php.ini but your webspace is able to handle ".htaccess" files then you should be able to set it by adding the following line to .htaccess file.
    php_value memory_limit 16M
    3. One alternative is to contact your service provider and ask them to change that setting. Maybe they are kind enough to help.

(A quick Google came up with that.)
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of zip2mail.
  • The new version includes an htaccess file and an index.html file in the backups folder. The gzip file is now emailed to the Support Email address.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Another thing you could offer instead of emailing the file is the ability to download the file directly. Check out the SaveAsDialogue function in library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php.

Nice work!
  • I'll use that when I get the other two options working, i.e. to zip up the extensions folders and the themes folders. These can be big files (bigger than 20 MB) and couldn't be emailed. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • In trying to use the SaveAsDialogue function, I get the "headers already sent" error. What do I need to do to resolve this?
    Thank you.

Edit: This problem only seems to be when I test locally. It works fine on my live site.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.2 of zip2mail.
  • I just installed this extension and I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getdynamicradio() in myVanillaInstall\extensions\zip2mail\default.php on line 284

Ideas on solving this would be appreciated. Cheers!
  • That's a call to a Vanilla function. Did you have any other errors before you activated this extension? Is this a new Vanilla install?
  • I get the same error message as tarabyte. This is a new install - everything else is working fine, including half a dozen other extensions.
  • I had this problem today as well - again a new install. I did get another error previously to this though and that was that PEAR was missing. After I'd installed PEAR I got this message. PEAR appears to be functioning as BBCodeParser works fine...
  • I found the problem. I used the same radio button as the Statistics plugin. It includes a file with the function in it. So, if you have the Statistics add-on enabled, you won't see the error. I will work on fixing this. Sorry.

If you want to eliminate the error now before I really fix it, look in the default.php for this IF statement and add the include line of code:
    if( $Context->SelfUrl == 'settings.php' && $Context->Session->User->Permission('PERMISSION_CHANGE_APPLICATION_SETTINGS') ) { // if Statistics add-on is not enabled, then -- include("Framework.Functions.php"); --- same one copied from Statistics include("Framework.Functions.php");
    Please do not add this line of code if you have the Statistics add-on installed as you will get another error.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.4 of zip2mail.