Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blog

Blog

Comments

• Hi just a few thing's I'd like to ask and comment on. The blog extention is running very well. I'm pleased with it. It support's the emo's and the html. Is it possible to make it support vanillacons too? Secondly, once I save a draft.. how do I publish it? It's not showing as it does on the screenshot (not is the published link). Could this be because I havnt added the rewrite rules. (I can't find where my .htaccess is.. it's vanished!). The draft does show up if I search for it.. or atleast on the result's page. Anyway, Good extention. I like it.
  • Did you give yourself permission to view drafts?
    Go to Roles & Permissions.
    You publish a draft by editing it and deselecting the Draft checkbox
  • For VanillaIcons go to default.php of vanillaicons and chenage line 32 to this
    if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("post.php", "comments.php", "settings.php", "extension.php"))) {
  • Ah Ha! OK got the draft's thing working. Just another comment.

So by giving the role the permission they can now see the draft.. not only theres but other peoples too.

If you update this addon can you make it so that roles that do not have permission to view draft don't get the option to save a draft.

I will try out the line change shortly. I'm just contacting dreamhost regarding the disappearance of my .htacces.

edit -
    Vanillacons linechange works.
    Added htaccess rules
  • that is true if you cannot view a draft then you shouldn't be able to create one either. I'll fix that. once i accumulate other fixes so i will role all the fixes at once.
  • you forgot to put the 'Start a new blog' into the dictionary set :)
  • huh.
    it's there line 180
    $Context->Dictionary['StartANewDiscussion'] = 'Start a new blog post';
  • I've found one error though. When I have a draft and I decide to click on it's title to view it (note: not edit) I get the following:

Edited: drafts error has been fixed!
  • wow, a blog for vanilla is what I always wanted. anyone got a website with this extension working on it? love to see how it looks.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of Blog.
  • Hi, I just noticed the version number needs to be 1.0.1
  • thanks. i had uploaded the wrong buggy version. thanks for the headsup.
    uploading 1.0.1 now
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of Blog.
  • The new release works great, however I've a styling problem with IE. It's fine for the default style, but when it comes to something with a sidepanel using a color different from the forum's body, it becomes rather hard to make it look ok.

With Firefox, no problem, but with IE, the blog layout is stretched to the left and goes under the side panel. I tried various tricks to hide this but for now I'm not really satisified with the results, there's always something wrong (but I'm no CSS expert).

Here's a screenshot of the problem with my Europe after the Rain style.

In that case, it means for example that I can't add a specific background to the blog layout without having the background also displayed under the side panel.

I also had another problem with the bookmarking websites' definitions. Removing them don't remove the text beside icons, but text in the administrative settings. I messed a bit with the Theme.Blog.php file (and the stylesheet) and successfully changed stuff to suit my needs, but I was wondering if there was a simplier way to do that.
  • Wohooo thanks MyShizoBuddy! It's ALL working great :D
  • Uploaded version 1.1.2 of Blog.
  • It looks perfect now :)
    The IE missing image problem pushing the blog footer to the bottom is also fixed, thanks a lot for this!
  • Hi Schizo,
    Sorry to bug you again with styling problems, but there seems to be a blank space above the blog list in IE6. Looks like the old clearing float problem: the blog list is pushed down at the same level than the last item in the side panel.

I've also noticed the title above the blog list isn't aligned to the left in IE7, but it's also not align above the discussion list, so it certainly doesn't come from your extension.
  • can i see a screenshot. there is no clearing of floats in my code
This discussion has been closed.