Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.0 of Offline.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.2 of Offline.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.2 of Offline.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3 of Offline.
  • Options
    got a prob with this, I type in my message and click save but it doesnt take the forum offline?
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but did you select the 'Take the message board offline' checkbox?

If so did you try to sign-out and then back in again?

NB You need to give your role the 'Can use the forum normally when it is offline' permisson so that you can sign-in even if the forum id offline.
    If you have this permission then the forum will not go 'offline' for you but will be offline for all other users.
  • Options
    Yup box is checked, roles are set. but nothing :/
  • Options
    Im having the same problem now :|
  • Options
    oh i just figured it out.... it doesnt save it if you select the message board to be offline for "unlimitied".... change it to 1 hour or anything but unlimited and it works :) im smrt :P
  • Options
    So does that mean the unlimited choice is defunct? It doesn't work for me either. I think I will revert to the Mary extension for the time being.
  • Options
    Line 71 includes the following condition:

[line 71] ... and ($FORUM_OFFLINE_TIMEOUT_LENGTH !== 0) and ...

That "!==" is causing the problem with the unlimited option. Change it to "!=" (that's one equal sign) and it works fine.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.4 of Offline.
  • Options
    I am the site Admin, and I set it to take it offline, and It doesn't. What is up?
  • Options
    What version are you using?
    What time period have you set for the board to be offline?
  • Options
    I have fixed it. Thanks, Josh
  • Options
    How?
  • Options
    Yeah, the same thing happens to me
  • Options
    Your role probably has the permission to sign in when it's offline. Make sure you set the permissions correctly for all the roles you don't want to be able to sign in while the forum is offline.
This discussion has been closed.