Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IPBlocker

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
IPBlocker

Comments

• Options
    perfect! just what I need
  • Options
    Hi just installed this and get the following error... any ideas? :)

Notice: Undefined index: IPBLOCKER_ADDRESSES in /vhost/vhost6/u/d/b/udbate.com/www/lite/extensions/IPBlocker/default.php on line 29
  • Options
    Love the brick wall.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.2 (Beta) of IPBlocker.
  • Options
    @mbd - Sorry, should have tested the last minute change I made on a 'fresh' installation.

'Undefined index' - now fixed.

Working on an option to block an address directly from the 'Comment'.
  • Options
    Nice! Thanks!
  • Options
    Nice.

I take it there will soon be a way to unblock an IP as well?

Another suggestion: Timed blocks that automatically expire after a certain duration.
  • Options
    This would be ideal to block persistent spammers but my attackers seem to use a different IP address every time.
    Never mind, GuestPost stops the bulk of them.

As a matter of interest, what happens when a user behind a blocked IP tries to post, do they get a message?
  • Options
    At the moment when someone from a blocked address tries to access any page on the forum they get a message that their IP Address has been blocked.

The plan is that they will be taken to the sign-in page with a message that their address has been blocked with an option to request their address is unblocked. Anyone with the correct privilege will be able to sign-in even though their address has been blocked.

I have the 'block/unblock address' from each comment working, and I'll post this as soon as I have run a few more tests.

I agree that this is not going to help if your problem user continually changes their address - any ideas?
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.8 (Beta) of IPBlocker.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0 of IPBlocker.
  • Options
    A problem here !
    When I activate this add-on, the whole forum shuts down and only white page shows up !
    Wadda ?!
  • Options
    You using Safari 3 Beta mate?
    I had the same problem with Safari 2, but 3 beta seems to work OK.
    Leopard's out any day now, hang tight, or loose but hang!
  • Options
    Actually, I am using Safari 3 beta. do u recommend using firefox to activate it ?
  • Options
    i'm on my toes waitn' for it, body. can wait no more for our little cat. Heey kitty kitty kitty =D
  • Options
    Try FireFox, can't hurt.
  • Options
    @Mac Lover - I've not been able to test IPBlocker on a Mac yet. Works OK with Safari 3 on a PC.

I'm off in the next few days to climb Kilimanjaro, but I'll do some testing on our Mac when I get back :)

In the meantime I have uploaded a new version that does a better job of page redirecting (I hope!) which might fix your problem.
    The new version requires the latest version of Vanilla (1.1.3)
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.1 of IPBlocker.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.1 of IPBlocker.
  • Options
    still not working for me body =S
This discussion has been closed.