Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

BufferTorture

DavidKDavidK New
edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
BufferTorture

Comments

• Options
    My host is media temple MT, and they use modzip on there severs already... so i'm thinking my pages are already gziped then right?
  • Options
    Probably, test it here: http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php I'm really using this extension for the ability to perform other tricks within default.php, gzip is just the most obvious generic thing to do for all installations.
  • Options
    Low-Cal Vanilla already do that.

@waynem: media temple allow that but you have to activate it I think. Add the following to .htaccess:<IfModule mime_module> <files *.js> ForceType text/javascript </files> <files *.css> ForceType text/css </files> </IfModule> <IfModule headers_module> <IfModule deflate_module> # Netscape 4.x BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 no-gzip # For browsers that pretend to be Mozilla4 BrowserMatch \b(MSIE|Safari) !no-gzip # IE5.5 and 6.0 has bugs BrowserMatch \bMSIE\s(5\.5|6\.0) no-gzip # IE 6.0 after SP2 may not have gzip bugs! BrowserMatch \bMSIE.*SV !no-gzip # Sometimes Opera pretends to be IE6 BrowserMatch \bOpera !no-gzip AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript Header append Vary User-Agent </IfModule> </IfModule>
This discussion has been closed.