Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Profile Discussions

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Profile Discussions

Comments

• Options
    Looks great. Thanks again WallPhone. I can't help you with the IE7 issue as I'm using a custom style with a fixed width so the styling was messed up no matter what browser was used. I fixed it but my fix wouldn't work on the default style at all.
  • Options
    I had to tweak my theme for this to work, but now this is working nicely. What bugs me is the IE7 issue. I haven't had the time to look into it myself, a fix would be appreciated. Also it seems that a number of pages gain the "latest 5 discussions" label on the bottom, such as account settings, which is not desired.
  • Options
    those issues have all been fixed... bug wallphone about getting the new version posted ;)

until then: http://public.justinhileman.info/vanilla/ProfileDiscussions-bobthecow.tar.gz

with this version you shouldn't need a theme tweak. it adds an option to select how many discussions to show on the profile. it also fixes the ie7 issue, as well as the recent discussions showing up on other pages.
  • Options
    Cool, thank you very much!
  • Options
    this extension still has a problemo T_T
  • Options
    and... what is it?
  • Options
    it moves everything way down (WAY down) it is not in the correct place ========================== but there should be an option so that you can choose where you want the profile discussions to show up
  • Options
    last time I tried the discussions in the profile went almost at the bottom of the screen. the most weird was that the title was in the correct place, so maybe the spacing between the title and the discussion grid is messing somehow :S I haven't looked in depth at it and I'm not very skilled with CSS so I don't know if I could help much, although I would also appreciate a solution ;)
  • Options
    I'll have another look at it sometime. I tried bobthecow's version but it seemed to fix some things but bring in others.
  • Options
    yes i agree yes plz do that soon also can you make it so that we choose where the extension goes? ----------------------------- whenever i have this extension enabled, the extension does the following: -it moves itself down below all your profile info -since it is above the user wall, it moves the user wall down as well -it also changes the name of the page from like "yoursite - account", to like "yoursite -", or just "-"
  • Options
    I am using bobthecow's version and also seeing the "moving" discussion table. Working in Opera. Not working in WebKit (Midori, Safari) or Gecko (Firefox 3). Any hints would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0 of Profile Discussions.
  • Options
    Give this one a shot--I think I fixed the site naming bug, and the style issues are mostly cleaned up--except IE7, of course, which has some blank white space at the top.

If you want to place it below the user wall, you will have to edit the last line--change the 10 to 110 and that should bump it down, subtract a hundred or more and it should bump up. (At least in theory, I haven't tried this)
  • Options
    awesome thanks a bunch i will check it out
  • Options
    I'll check it whenever I'd have some free time thanks!
  • Options
    works perfect with default theme (although there is a case error in "DIscussions" title) have you tested any other theme? in Blogger fits worse than before, now it's under the foot when I test with more themes I'll report the results
  • Options
    I can confirm it seems to be incompatible with some themes. I have one in use that is based on 'Grace', maybe you could even try it with that theme?
  • Options
    the discussions on the profile shows even when changing the password or editing user info, for example. is that intended? if not, could it be solved? maybe checking there's no PostBackAction on the URL? thanks
  • Options
    Yes, that is exactly how it should be solved. I'll get another version out that will fix that and a couple other things.
  • Options
    could the name of the user be removed from above the discussion list?
This discussion has been closed.