Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

VClock

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
VClock

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.1 of VClock.
  • Options

Sorry for those who downloaded already, I missed some stuff, I was in a hurry to upload v.1.

• there was a problem with the display of month names, this is now fixed.
    • now it also works on Internet Explorer
    • background changed to transparent so it works with any theme

Thanks for downloading.

• Options
    looks very nice good job
  • Options
    thanks Hamed
  • Options
    no thank you ^_^
  • Options
    Hi,
    Very nice.
    I'd just like to set the date in french, is there any way ??
    Thanks
  • Options
    How would I shift the placement in the side panel? Say, if I wanted it at the very top.
  • Options
    I think I figured it out. Changing default.php as follows:
    $Panel->AddString($content, $Position = '-10', $ForcePosition = '1');
    seemed to do the trick.
  • Options

pm4872, if you want to display the day and month names in french just send me a list with their names (months from January to December and days from Sunday to Saturday)and I can make a version that will display in french.

Still I like the idea of being able to change the language. I will look into making it read the names from an xml file.

skube, I did that with panel reorder extension but its a good idea to make it display on top by default. Thanks for the tip.

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.2 of VClock.
  • Options
    Hi Morbid,
    Too cool !!
    Here's the month list : Janvier, Février, Mars, Avril, Mai, Juin, Juillet, Août, Septembre, Octobre, Novembre & Décembre.
    and the day list : Dimanche, Lundi, Mardi, Mercredi, Jeudi, Vendredi & Samedi.
    ... xml file will be a very good feature !!
    Thanks for all.
  • Options
    good looking clock.

but...

i have my clock already on my os-desktop like anyone else, so what is the purpose of this clock?
  • Options
    well we already have a background image on our desktops but that doesn't stop us from looking at pictures on websites :)

its just a clock to show the time... doesn't have any other purpose, it's larger than the one on the desktop and it also displays the date without the need to hover over it. Plus some people might have their task bar hidden thus the clock is not visible at all times ;)
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3 of VClock.
  • Options
    Hi Morbid,
    Works perfectly !!
    Very good job, thanks.
  • Options
    >well we already have a background image on our desktops but that doesn't stop us from looking at pictures on websites :)

>its just a clock to show the time... doesn't have any other purpose, it's larger than the one on the desktop and it also displays the date without >the need to hover over it. Plus some people might have their task bar hidden thus the clock is not visible at all times ;)

ah such as ... i could use my email client or a text editor instead of a forum ? sounds logical :D
  • Options
    Sure you could :) actually more people do that than use forums since the vast majority of people who have a computer they also have a mail client and a text editor but only a fraction of them are members of a forum.

But you are free to use whatever you wish, your mail client and text editor are bundled with your taskbar clock into the OS you are using, Vclock can be bundled with Vanilla.
  • Options
    hmmmm maby you could add a .fla file for some developing ? and another thing ... after adding my language to the language.txt file its not working as it should be ... im from poland and some of the chars. in my language aren't shown in the clock
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to do a 12 hour clock, but digital. (like 4 pm, or 4 am) It's very rare in the US (where i'm from) to have a 24 hour digital clock. When people see 14:32, they'll go, 'what! you can't have a time past 12?!?!?!?' And also an option to omit the seconds, its pretty much extra useless information.
  • Options
    The date is not shown in (the Windows versions of) Opera and Firefox, only in Internet Explorer (6).
This discussion has been closed.