Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

User Messages

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
User Messages

Comments

• Uploaded version 0.1.2 of User Messages.
  • There are two typos in this plugin

settings.php?PostBackAction=InstallUserUserMessages

and in the Extension list:

User UserUserMessages 0.1.2

it would be great if the inbox was slightly more obvious - it took me a lot of hunting to find it. an option to notify and to delete messages would also be very useful. and how about a PM link next to each user comment?

great work so far.
  • Thanks! I know, it would be useful, and the typos are because I tried to do a "Find and Replace" Which I didn't need to do... But the PM, Notify and Delete message, I will work on, I don't know much about PHP though, I'm quite new to it. If you have Ideas to maybe put a Notification on the index page at least for the PMs you do get [like the Whisper Notifier] That would be awsome, and the delete messages option as well... idk I'll hunt around for Code I'm good at that at least. Thanks for the comment!
  • Uploaded version 0.1.2 of User Messages.
  • Uploaded version 0.1.3 of User Messages.
  • Version number changed from 0.1.3 to 0.1.4.
  • Uploaded version 0.1.4 of User Messages.
  • what are the updates for, valentinez?
  • aha, i just tried it. great, thanks. the PM link in the message listing is perfect.
    one problem i can see is that i have to delete a message twice for it to disappear.
    the inbox link is not too obvious but i can add something manually to the sidebar for now.
  • I've just tried it and ran into a few problems. Can't find the inbox... and when I go to Account, it says Send Message to: myself. Any help is apreciated. I'm very new to vanilla. It looks promising though.
  • Never mind, I switched to Private Message.
  • Switch to Private Message? Is that another addon? Or are you talking about the PM system in this one?
  • Oh, what are you adding to the Sidebar? if it helps you out, [and others] I can add it to the code Just post the Code here [and the code Credits, of Course!]
  • the Private Messaging plugin is very good but has a security flaw which allows any user to read any PM. it is much more developed than this plugin, but has been abandoned for several months.
  • Looks like a couple of years... Yeah, I see the Session User thingy is off, but I really Can't figure all that code out, to advanced for me lol Although, I found some code to add a Tab at the top of the page [over all the pages] So it doesn't just show up under the Account page as a little 'ol link. The only trouble I have is that the message Deletes the First time, but you have to either navigate away from the page, or refresh the page for the page to realize its been deleted, idk how to fix that. The other is the New Post Thing, I have No idea how to do that. I've done all I can Really.
  • Version number changed from 0.1.4 to 0.1.5.
  • Uploaded version 0.1.5 of User Messages.
  • Notice: Undefined index: TAB_POSITION_PRIVATE_MESSAGES in /home/.galled/scrawlfx/scrawlfx.com/forums/extensions/UserMessages/default.php on line 454

I get that notice here: http://scrawlfx.com/forums

What's the problem?
  • It may be that I got the Idea from the Private Messages Addon, and copied the code and edited to be used in User Messages. I don't get the problem, because I had Private messages installed at one point before I added that code. There must be some Code I missed in Private Messages that Defines the "TAB_POSITION_PRIVATE_MESSAGES" into the $Configuration Index.
  • add this Code @ line 51
    after this code @ lines 48 $ 49:

$Context->SetDefinition('Messages', 'Messages');
    $Context->Dictionary["MessagesTitle"] = "User Messages";

add this:

if (!array_key_exists('PRIVATE_MESSAGES_CATEGORY_ID', $Configuration)) {
    AddConfigurationSetting($Context, 'TAB_POSITION_PRIVATE_MESSAGES', '100');

} elseif (ForceInt($Configuration['PRIVATE_MESSAGES_CATEGORY_ID'], 0) == 0) {

// Add notice
    $NoticeCollector->AddNotice($Context->GetDefinition('SelectPrivateMessagesCategory'));

}