Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

PostAnonymously

This discussion is related to the PostAnonymously addon.
PostAnonymously

Comments

• Uploaded version 1.0.0 of PostAnonymously.
  • Thanks for working on this. Its the last add-on I need to meet the requirements of the board I need to make.
    In an effort to help you perfect your project (and for me to get the anonymous post working :) If the below looks like I am 'testing' a new forum, I am. I wanted to let you know an error I received when trying to use this:
    1. create new user
    2. log in, go to specific category, start new topic, tick the anonymously box
    3. receive this on a new html page:
    THis is the URL: http://notanythinginteresting.com/tradingboard/post.php
    This is the page:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    User identifier not supplied
    Affected Elements
    UserManager.UpdateUserDiscussionCount();

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

Thanks again for starting it, hope you can complete it
  • I'm getting the same error.
  • Why go to all of this hassle?

Wanna post a-nonny-mouse-ly? Log out then use Guest Post, easy.
  • yea, that was my work around. no need to post a-nonny-mouse-ly with an extension i suppose.
  • There is a need.

I've got a closed community where unregistered cannon post. But sometimes we want to fool around or just talk without names. This extension would be awesome for this. Too bad it's not working.
  • ...if you get it to work, get ready for another huge problem... SPAM!

That's how guest post used to work without the captcha feature. After a week I got inundated with crap.

Posted: Sunday, 21 December 2008 at 9:09AM

• >> if you get it to work, get ready for another huge problem... SPAM!

What are you talking about? This is a feature for registered and approved members, why would they spam?
  • Oh I see, so they first gave to register, then get approved, then post anonymously?

Posted: Monday, 22 December 2008 at 1:42PM

• >Oh I see, so they first gave to register, then get approved, then post anonymously?
    Yep, that's what makes this idea so cool - you don't even have to log out to post anonymously, you just tick the box and you're done.

I really hope that this plugin will be updated. Sadly, it seems like all plugins that I need for Vanilla, are abandoned - I can't get the Invite-Only plugin to work and now this one seems dead.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of PostAnonymously.
  • Uploaded version 1.0.1 of PostAnonymously.
  • For those of you having problems:

Please make sure that you have created your anonymous user in you Vanilla installation. The default is to look for a username "Anonymous". You can change your anonymous username by editing line 15 of default.php

If you are still having problems, post a note with your Vanilla version id and any other extensions you have installed and I will look into it.

Thanks,
    Jeff