Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

UnreadDiscussion

lucluc ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Questions
This discussion is related to the UnreadDiscussion addon.
UnreadDiscussion

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    Created to learn how to write some php/js and addon for vanilla2.

I had no specific knowledge for all that prior to trying to create the addon. So bear with the possible errors, even though it works fine for me.
  • Some comment about coding.
    In DiscussionsController_DiscussionOptions_Handler() need add Session->IsValid() before adding new option in $Sender->Options
  • lucluc ✭✭
    @S: the reason being?

I thought the reason was to not have the link activated if you're not signed in, but if you're not, it is already not available.
    Maybe I'm just missing the reason :).

I guess it's working because the event is already behind an $Session->IsValid() in vanilla/views/discussions/helper_functions.php hence it's not needed.
  • I guess it's working because the event is already behind an $Session->IsValid()
    Oh, I see. Indeed, in this case no need checking for valid user.
  • I see now -)
  • lucluc ✭✭
    It was missing, not because I saw it was already tested before the FireEvent, but because I didn't think of that.

So your comment allowed to make sure it was all and proper. Thanks.
  • Only just got round to checking this out, but very nice and very useful.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Updated to v1.0
    I was off vanilla2 for a while and I didn't had time to test it.
    Reinstalled it on my v2.0.17.8 install and it wasn't working anymore, fixed it and improved a bit.

If you have an older installation and that it works too, let me know, so I'll change the requirement.