Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgraded to Vanilla 2: Now no users can log in

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Good afternoon,

Maybe someone here can give me a fix for this issue.

I recently upgraded to Vanilla2, did the export and import and was able to log in through my administrator account.

However, no users can login. None.

So, I did a password reset for my non-admin account. Couldn't login. I deleted my non-admin user account. Created a new one. Approved the new one. Tried to log in. Permission denied.

The hash on the password for the new user account, even though it had the same password, was different. In fact, I think it is different every single time.

If I copy a new hash to the first user account, of a password I know... I can log in. If I do the same for any other user account, I get Permission Denied.

Everything else works perfectly. My administrator can post, update, go to Dashboard, yada yada. No one else can do anything.

I have set default permissions for all standard users. Doesn't help. I still cannot log in.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Are you sure you set the Garden SignIn permission? That sounds exactly like your problem.
  • That was exactly my problem, thank you very much.
  • Hi I am having the same issue - where is the Garden Signin permission located? Is there another how-to for this somewhere?
  • Ah, found it. For future users who might not catch it: once you upgrade/install, be sure to go to Roles/Permissions to make sure members can sign in. :)