Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

add current URL into the login/logout actions?

eleitheleith New
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
@tim in the older plugin, i have %s in my login/logout urls which represent the current URL on the forum a user is, when they clicked login/logout. that doesn't seem to be working for me this time around. before i go digging in, i thought i would ask a question here first...

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @eleith We've been trying to move away from these unclear replacements and toward more descriptive replacements.

In 1.4 (and even more so with upcoming 1.5) you can use curly braces to wrap nammed constants, like this:

www.yourforum.com/whatever/somefile.php?redirect={Redirect}

These will eventually make it to the documentation, but for now:
    {Path} = relative/vanilla/path/to/current/page {Redirect} = http://www.yourforum/absolute/vanilla/path/to/current/page {Scheme} = authentication scheme being used. e.g. 'password', 'proxy', 'handshake', etc...

New authenticators will be able to supply their own replacements as well, so the list may grow/change depending on what authenticator you end up using.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• perfect. tried and tested just now. {Redirect} works for me.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Love it when things work :)

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]