Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Css for new theme

Hi people,

I'm working on a new theme, but I'm having some trouble. I want to create a code, so people can see at which page they are at (just like on the vanilla forums)

For example: When you press on the Community "button" it seems to be pressed down. I've tried to figure out the css code for that, but with no luck. Hope you can help.

Thanks for the vanilla 2 release.. great stuff.

Comments

• background-position:left -64px;

I think that's the CSS to have it pushed down. Not sure. I was inspecting using firebug.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2010
    To to what Ron said you can see the following rule in custom.css:
    body#vforg_home_features .Banner ul li.Features,
    body#dashboard_search_index .Banner ul li.Community,
    body.hosting .Banner ul li.Hosting,
    body.Wiki .Banner ul li.Documentation,
    body.Addons .Banner ul li.Addons,
    body.Profile .Banner ul li.Community,
    body.Vanilla .Banner ul li.Community,
    body.Conversations .Banner ul li.Community,
    body.Activity .Banner ul li.Community {
    background-position: left -64px;
    }
    To make some class different for the current page always look at the classes/ids in the body tag. We always add a class to the body tag to show where you are.

We make heavy use of a css trick called "sprites" where you have one image that actually contains a patchwork of a bunch of images and then use background-position to select the image we want. Just google something like css sprites and there will be a lot of information.