Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fatal Error: filter_input during installation

Hi, after providing my database credentials during installation I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filter_input() in .../library/core/class.form.php on line 1421

It's a fresh Vanilla 2 install. PHP Version 5.2.3, MySQL 5.0.45

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Hmm, I'm surprised you are having that problem with 5.2.3. Can you double check your phpinfo()?

Regardless though, we should support this so I'll look into it.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2010
    Okay, our backwards-compatibility was commented out a while back. I've got the function back in, but if you want to try a fix yourself for right now try the following:
    1. Go to /library/core/functions.general.php
    2. Search for filter_input.
    3. You should see a bunch of stuff that has been commented out between /*..*/.
    4. Remove the comment characters so the function filter_input is back in.
  • Hi Todd,

thanks very much. That helped.
    Yes, PHP Version is 5.2.3, but I found out that the filter extension isn't enabled on the server.
  • The same problem exists for filter_var() (i.e. /library/core/class.request.php on line 241)
    Is there a similar "workaround" for that other than enabling the filter extension?