Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Turn Vanilla to QA site?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello all, what i have to do to turn Vanilla to Question-Answers site, just like this one, Where you have "Ask a question" button, Boxes: votes, follows, views, answers and a vote box with up and down arrows on a question page? Is it an add on i have to install? Thanka for you help in advance.

Comments

• I think these are all addons, the dev team said they'll release it once the addons are done and all the bugs are taken out :) So you'll have to wait for a while my friend.
  • Thanks for your answer. What do you mean by "a while"? :)
  • You'll be able to download them when the devs feel they are stable enough for a release. You're not going to get a definite date.
  • I know, i was just kidding. Any way thank you for your answer Roguefoxx. Will wait for the release.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    To set up an Q&A site at this point, I would use Wordpress.

There are 2 or 3 really good (and free) themes that transform Wordpress into the type of site that your describing.
  • You can just edit definitions.php files and add there anything you want to change, so that there would be no 'dicsussions' but 'questions' only.
  • how this community installation has voting system, follow and view thing...which addon they are using..
  • Use StackOverflow - there is a new competitor its niceee... I'll find it
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2010
    @devcorn It's under development; I believe they intend to release it once the kinks are worked out.
  • @Raize
    Could you tell me the theme names you are metioning?
  • edited August 2010
    I w'd like to get to know about the implementation of stackoverflow's features as well.