Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.4 (30 Oct 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

Reset password function error

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 Help
The function is not working, when i'm trying to reset password, i see this message: "Could not instantiate mail function". Did someone had the same problem?
Tagged:

Comments

• Never mind, problem solved. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • How did you solve the problem? I have the exact same problem now.

• peregrineperegrine ☯ hasta luego :) In-Flight MVP
    edited June 2012

sababon said: Never mind, problem solved. Sorry for inconvenience. > The problem with not supplying the solution :) doesn't help future readers of the thread.

@listisimo Are you doing this on your own server? maybe you don't have a mailer setup? or you didn't set up smtp correctly. check these settings and put in the correct ones in your config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['UseSmtp']                    = FALSE;
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpHost']                   = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpUser']                   = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPassword']            = '';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpPort']                   = '25';
        $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SmtpSecurity']   

If changing the above - don't forget to report back.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.
    As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. Peregrine

• Thanks for your help peregrine. The problem is more serious than I thought. The problem is I'm so far out of my depth I haven't a clue what I'm doing. How do I find a developer who knows all about Vanilla and can set it all up for me? Is there a place where one can request paid for service? I'm happy to pay.