Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Recovering or Importing lost VanillaForum

2 yrs ago I created a VanillaForum 1.1.4 on a URL/domain that no longer exists. The only backup that exists is very basic and includes all the people and their messages, and some config files, but there's no MySQL DB info at all. There are only 2 subfolders available: js/ and themes/. After copying the existing files to a new site, it looks absolutely fine and you can navigate among the discussions and categories, but (obviously) trying to login leads to a "page not found" error.

Is there any faster way to rebuild/reconstruct the forum without doing it from scratch?

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2010
    Are you saying you have the db or not? If you have the db I would recommend using the vanilla2export.php and exporting to a new installation of Vanilla 2.

http://vanillaforums.com/porter
  • Options
    Nope...no db...I was hoping I did so that I could use the export.php, but nope...