Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

piwik on v2

bobthemanbobtheman
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
has anyone been able to use piwik on a v2 install

http://www.piwik.org

I cant figure out were to put the tracking tag

Comments

• Options
    does anyone use piwik ?
  • Options
    i could of swore i saw some discussion before regarding pikwi. Has anyone set up piwik on a v2 install?
  • Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    Hi bobtheman,

Don't know if you are still looking for a solution, but here it is:
    Open /themes/YOURTHEME/views/default.master.tpl
    Add {literal} just before end of /body and then paste your piwik code
    then add {/literal}

• Options
    @adriansonline
    thanks so much, i will try this later tonight and report back
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In case anyone looks for it later, I have created a Piwik add on
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/631
  • Options
    dear adriansonline, thanks for sharing this nice code. I have done all these steps, inserted the plugin, edited the .tpl file, the default.php in puglin folder, activated the plugin but it does not appear in my sidebar (panel). What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    no need to edit the .tpl file, the comment about tpl was before the plugin :)
    You also need to have a Piwik install done prior to using this. Have you installed Piwik on your server?
  • Options
    Yes, evrythting has been done. Piwik is installed and working nicely. I can log in and get my stats about the forum. The only issue is when i using dashboard, it does not appear.
  • Options
    Did you enable the widgets API?
  • Options
    Ooops. This sounds new to me. How? I simply enabled the plugin after all those steps.
  • Options
    @ agniz. I made changes to my readme, Widgets API is what the plugin uses. Make sure the plugin is enabled in your Piwik install. Doing this allows you to export your Web Analytics reports. Turning it off will give you a blank page. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    PERFECT ! I installed the newest release...now it is fine and running properly. Thanks!
  • Options
    No problem. Thanks for your patience :)