Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Trouble with highlight effect on new comments

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When adding a comment to a discussion, there's this cool "highlight" effect on the new post. I thought for sure it was working on one point, but for some reason it's not anymore. I get a Javascript error somewhere in jquery:

G.end is undefined

The originating code is the following in discussion.js:

$('ul.Discussion li:last').effect("highlight", {}, "slow");

I'm guessing it's related to the :last qualifier? Any idea what could be wrong? I'm running on the tip of the git repo (pulled down the latest just now to be sure). I've been mostly tweaking my theme's CSS, but not much else.

Thanks for any clues!

fv

Comments

• Options
    Haha! Found it: I thought I'd be fancy and use a transparent color for "mine" posts. Guess jquery doesn't know how to animate to that. :) Here's the culprit:

.Mine { background: #420000; background: rgba(66, 0, 0, 0.6); }
    Kind of a bummer too--that was really spiffy looking.

fv
  • Options
    ^Yea, perhaps the devs could fix that? I was also wondering why that effect dissapeared :D
  • Options
    I think we need to import a new version of jquery UI. Someone has apparently fixed this issue by enabling animated effects with rgba colors. Not sure if it's in the official jquery releases or not.

http://dev.jqueryui.com/ticket/5215

What's the easiest way to upgrade jquery in the vanilla tree? I'm not sure how to correlate all the jquery files against the official distributions.

fv
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Ahhh this seems to be an issue we are also having.

There was an error rendering this rich post.