Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Templates

edited November 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When the SVN was up I noticed that the templates folder only contained some specific templates; header, footer, panel etc.

What isn't editable through the templates and has been hard coded? Also, isn't it possible to template the whole system having every Vanilla page totally changable?

Comments

• edited November 2005
    Is that you: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=25182 ? :-D

kudos to the vBulletin connection ;-)

MrNase - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=31669

(why can't I whisper that comment to you??)
  • The Minivanilli theme only had those files, but the regular Vanilla theme had lots more. Probably, if you don't have a file it needs, it just uses a default, or fakes it with another of your files. That way, you could write a theme without having to write 30 files.
  • There's a bug (fixed in the next version) that stops you whispering a comment once it's been edited.
  • @MrNase - Yep that's me. Didn't place your name with vB till you mentioned it. Nice to see you over here :D. I stopped using vBulletin ages ago. Hated the 3.x of it all. Way too much bloat. Vanilla is perfect for me.

@Bergamot - Ah right, I see. I only looked into the MiniVanilla folder and saw only a couple of templates. But if there's a whole load of them that's totally awesome. I'm looking to totally re-write the whole front-end.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Absolutely everything is in template form now. The only things that aren't templated are the extensions, and extension authors can certainly make their extensions templated as well if they so desire.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh, and the templating system (and the entire engine for that matter) has changed since I made mini-vanilli. I will have to start from scratch again for that theme.
  • I want your children, mark.
  • You want to bear his children, or steal his children?
  • Mark, i've said it before (a lot) and I'll say it again. On your next project, think how you're gonna do it, change your method, come up with an excellent new idea, and *then* do it differently. It'l save you so much time re-coding the entire damn thing!
  • @Bergamot - Either one, I'm not fussy.
  • lol
This discussion has been closed.