Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

unable to add users with admin

bobthemanbobtheman
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I cant add users with the admin account, i click save and no message confirms, no user is added.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    can anyone test to see if they can add new users, maybe its an error on my side.
  • Options
    I can't either. Or messages.
  • Options
    Thanks @Desmanthus ... Im copying the files over again in case i missed something there. I wont be back online until 2 in the morning though so ..
  • Options
    i tested messages, i cant add those either.
  • Options
    I have no solution but I'm fairly certain it's the javascript. If you block the javascript in your browser, it works fine. I have found that a number of the "pop-up" window actions do not work because of this.
  • Options
    I resolved my other issues concerning javascript + rewrite + nginx. But this issue still persists, kinda.... For me, clicking on dashbaord showed the active users I added via users page. They just don't show up or are searchable on that page. However, users by invitation do show up on the users page.
  • Options
    i concur, disabling my javascript allows me to add users.
  • Options
    still present in 2.0.3

Im using ubuntu 10.04 with firefox and epiphany
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    @bobtheman @rogertsamurai @Desmanthus
    Are you using RewriteUrls = TRUE?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    im not
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Alright so there seems to be a new issue with the non-rewritten URLs. This has become @Todd's baby, so I'll refer it to him.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    with that said, i am going to try and enable url rewrites. i'll report back to see if that resolves the issue.

Wasnt there a way to enable this from the admin dashboard?
  • Options
    Mine = False
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I'll get on this.