Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Magic Plugin - Not Working For First Post In Discussion???

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This plugin appears to only work for comments added to already existing discussions and not for the content of the actual initial discussion. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    Not on the Magic Plugin but I have experienced the same behaviour using the Spoiler Plugin. The funny thing is it works AOK on my local install but not on my remote one. I'm thinking there's some conflict between plugins somewhere but I simply can't find it.
  • Options
    Oh, that's interesting. Ok, then I will dig around I guess. Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm having this problem with content that was imported into Vanilla 2.0.6 from Vanilla 1.1.1. Magic works great for new content. I'm looking into this too.
  • Options
    Any update on this? Please :)
  • Options
    Upgraded to the 2.0 and new posts work like a charm. Old posts that my users have created no love. Wahh Whaaa.

Let us know the word on this.
  • Options
    See the link below to make corrections which will fix this plugin.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/12204/magic-plugin-update/p1
  • Options
    Add:
    $Sender->EventArguments['Discussion']->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments['Discussion']->Body);
    After:
    $Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body);
    On line: 90
  • Options
    Did all the changes mentioned above but it still does not work on any post at all!! I am using Vanilla 2.0.

Please help.

Thank you.
  • Options
    The proper fix is to replace
    $Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body);
    With:
    $Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body);
  • Options
    The proper fix is to replace
    With:
    $Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body);
    Thank TiGR! This fix works like a charm!
  • Options
    edited January 2012

phudq90 said:
    The proper fix is to replace$Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments['Comment']->Body);

With:$Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body = $this->MakeView($Sender->EventArguments[$Sender->EventArguments['Type']]->Body);

I had the opposite situation on my forum, (take this example: doctorsinfuga.it/forum/discussion/27/video-procedure#Item_3 )
    the videos in the first post where showin fine and in the other posts they where showed smaller and with this string beside: type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"
    width="425" height="344">

I've followed the instrucion above and now all videos in all posts are giving me this message...

• Options

If anyone else has the problem above, with extra markup making it through and onto the page, then make sure that the youtube link is JUST plain text in the editor, don't make a it link, just the URL of the YouTube page. Works fine with the amendment to line 90.