Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I get notified when a new question is posted to my forum?

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As an admin, I'd like to be notified when a new question has been asked so I can offer a quick reply. How do I enable something like this?

Comments

• Ah, well if you mean an email notification, then I believe that would require a plugin, as I'm pretty sure there is no option to be notified for every discussion.

This is a good idea, though. Vanilla's own implementation of the forum system is a question board, there will be a lot of people using it for a much less active question board.

If the Vanilla forum is not being used enough for the emails to be spam, chances are that that the administrators don't check back very often, and an email notification would help the effectiveness of the question board.

I've noted the idea in my notebook, unfortunately I cannot promise a plugin any time soon, perhaps another dev?