Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wrong date at setup

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
For some reason, when I set up Vanilla, my server had the wrong date set (some time in the future). I've had a few entries on the forum since realising that the time was wrong. Since the date was set in the future any current posts now show up before to original ones.

Is there any way that I can edit the database and change the date that the data was entered?

Or is there another option that allows me to put the posts back in the correct order?

Comments

• Options
    I've come up with a solution, although it might not be the best way to do it.

Basically, back up the database:
    mysqldump -u [username] -p --databases [databasename] >/tmp/temp.sql

Copy the file over to a Windows machine and use UltraEdit to find and replace the old dates. ie, replace "2012-07" with "2010-07" Look for and replace any other date formats aswell. I replaced 3 types.

I also needed to rename a folder in the uploads directory to match up with the new filenames that were updated in UltraEdit. There was a 2012 folder that got renamed to 2010

Then copy the temp.sql file back to the server and restore the database:
    mysql -u [username] -p [databasename] < /tmp/temp.sql