Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Additon to voting plugin: Arrange Boxes

zodiacdmzodiacdm
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
There was a thread earlier asking if it were possible to arrange the boxes on the discussions page, and when I looked, I seen that this would be difficult for the average user, so I added the code neccessary to configure the arrangement.

It is probably sloppy, and there is probably a better way to accomplish this, but the addition is working, and I would like you to take a look over to see if this is something you could integrate into the plugin.

It is available on github here: http://github.com/ZodiacDM/ArrangeBoxes
Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2010
    When using the Voting plugin, this is what I get when looking at the Questions tab in a user's profile.
    But when I use your addition, it works correctly, without those "follows, answers, etc."
    Do you know how I can fix it in the plugin wihtout using your addition?
  • Nevermind, I fixed it.
  • @iznk
    How did you fix that? I have the same problem.
  • Sounds funny, BUT...

In "class.voting.plugin.php"

In line 101 added

public function ProfileController_Render_Before($Sender) { $Sender->AddCSSFile('plugins/Voting/design/voting.css'); }

There is one instruction just like that already, but for some reason you need one more. (That's the way it's done in the addition)
  • I also removed the "Follows" box and got the Bookmark star back and made "Popular" button sort discussions by votes rather than by views (more logical, I think, and useful). If anybody interested, I'll tell you how.
  • WTF is that shit?
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    @iznk howd you remove the follows box?
  • edited January 2011
    @iznk - 'Follows' box still appear in discussion though you deselect (empty) it. If you are logged in then it goes away.
    Thanks.
    Hum