Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Suggestions for VF.org, developers workspace application

zodiacdmzodiacdm
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am new to both Vanilla and coding the same, and I am just now getting to the point of sharing code, and resources such as github.

I must admit that I am enjoying the social aspect of Vanilla, and the active community.

I have gotten much help starting out and learning about vanilla and php, all through the forums here at VF.org. I have begun visiting the site regularly.

The gears in my head turning as they do... Here's my idea:

A 'community developer' application, which adds a link to the new application to the menu dashboard for anyone who chooses to participate in the program. (would be nice for titles in the meta too...)

This can contain wiki-style pages for the documentation (requiring approval, of course), and a separate discussion board for ideas and requests between the Vanilla and community developers.

It would also be nice to have links to our own plugins' pages on the side bar ;)

This would be a decent amount of work to code myself, as I would probably do things the round-about way, and I am slow compared to more experienced devs, I am sure.

But the general idea is moving code and posts like this away from the public side of things...

Any takers? Suggestions? Arguments?