Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is there a way to easily add "Last edited" to posts?

tmilovantmilovan New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I seems to me that there has to be a simple way to add "Last edited" mark to theme template. I have a feeling that there already is a variable that holds that data and that it just needs to be called in template.

Am I right?

Comments

• Options
    @tmilovan

Sorry, I have not been on the forums lately, been very busy.

Are you asking if there is a way to show the discussion's last post date on the list of discussions?

This would be very possible, and would require very little code, though would most likely have to be a plugin.

Themes are also capable of using custom 'view' files, so you may copy any of the other views besides default.master and admin.master (with respecting folders) and edit those to your liking.

For example, I did not like the users' status at the top of the profile, so i copied /dashboard/views/profile/index.php over to my theme, /Themes/MyTheme/views/profile/index.php, and removed the line "include user.php". Now the tab bar appears at the top of the page like the rest of the website.
  • Options
    @tmilovan

Are you asking if there is a way to show the discussion's last post date on the list of discussions?
    Actually no. I would like to display "Last edited" notification in discussion view in case if user that started discussion changed the first post after it was published.

Let say I've started discussion with posting some tutorial, after a few comments I've changed some things in posted tutorial and would like readers to be aware of it. So "Last edited:mm/dd/yy" flag would be very useful here.

Many other forum engines have that, and I think that it should not be very difficult to extract and show this information, but I'm not yet familiar enough with Vanilla to do it withotut help.