Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Site Integration

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just began development of a new site and would like to use Vanilla as the backbone of our user administration. I've done a bit of research and ran across this link which talks about adding Vanilla to an existing application:

http://vanillaforums.org/page/SingleSignOn

Since I'm created a new application and would simply like to access user data outside of the forum space, what would the best approach be for me? I'd still like Vanilla to handle all registration and login but would simply like to create some members only pages outside of the forum.

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2010
    No, if you're using Vanilla as the backbone, you'll want to create Applications within the framework. Check out the /applications/skeleton folder for the set of files you need to get started with that. Applications built on Vanilla naturally share the same users without SingleSignOn.
  • Thanks for the guidance. I'll take a look and post follow up questions if I have any.