Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Plugin Idea: Multiple invitation code creation without entering email addresses.

PatrikPatrik New
edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just to formulate it as a question: Would someone be interested in coding a plugin etc, that creates mass invitation codes (for invite only forums)? I'm interested in that myself, but havent got my head around making plugins for Vanilla yet.

The goal with this is to be able to have these codes in an excel document, and be able to add them to letters, ads or labels, and make it possible for users whose email addresses I don't know, to use these codes to join the forum anyways.

Also, it would be convenient to have a form on the front page for invitation codes to be entered. I suppose that isn't the challenging part in this plugin.

Another related question is if it's possible to make one single invitation code work numerous times? For instance if I'd like to make one code available in an ad that goes out to just the group of people who are allowed to join my forum, and let all the readers sign up with the same code.

That's about it for tonight! Thanks for a good work with everything else.

Comments

• Options
    Hope that answer gets thrown out... However, I also wanted to add that the plugin I'm suggesting should have the possibility to just add a number, for instance "I want 54 invitation codes", and it generates them and makes it possible to have them in CSV or excel or something.
  • Options
    wouldn't this be an easy receipe for spam merchants to use the forum model and hit half the world with invitations? sounds right dodgy to me :-/
  • Options

I was thinking that it should be used to invite people using a business card etc, away from keyboard so to speak :)