Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Installing Vanilla Forums 2.0.3 on a server for free?

edited August 2010 in Questions
Where would I be able to find a free PHP PDO server that is free to host Vanilla Forum?

Comments

• LincolnLincoln Community Instigator Vanilla Staff
    You should probably check out the free plan on http://vanillaforums.com/

I recommend against free independent hosting plans. You get what you pay for.

Sr Developer at Vanilla Forums [GitHub, Twitter]

• I'v actually found that LimeDomains.com works excellent for vanilla forms. I'm running my forum right now on it for free. Hard to find PHP PDO, and LimeDomains.com solves that problem.
  • LincolnLincoln Community Instigator Vanilla Staff
    There is a difference between a car that starts and a car that you'd take on a road trip.

Sr Developer at Vanilla Forums [GitHub, Twitter]

• Are you saying I shouldn't be hosting this way?
  • TimTim Lord of Servers Vanilla Staff
    500MB of traffic... I hope you don't plan to have very many users. I use more than than on my cellphone each month :(

Vanilla Forums Senior Developer [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• @Tomtom100; Just for reference, I tried three free hosting services over a year ago. All promised great free services, all installed ok, all ran like a one legged dog after a few days or so. I suspect you get some CPU priority for perhaps a week, and then are relegated to space on the Commodore 64 network in the back room. I didn't even bother to record their names and URLs they were so bad. A small monthly fee will get you decent service and bandwidth if you shop carefully.
  • @Mikhael So I might problems in the future with these free hosts? I actually used to run a web app I built that stored images and I haven't had any problems with cpu and storage. I find that some hosts like 000webhost , x10host, and LimeDomains offer premium like services. I've been very convinced over the years not to buy hosting service because I've had such a great experience for free.
  • wow nice find, LimeDomains.com works quite well, especially at this stage where I am just beta testing some features before I actually launch a project with promotion included. play pokies
  • edited August 2011
    I would definitely recomend limedomains. It is a very nice free service and not only for beta testings. I run my normal website there.. pokies