Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New discussion text preview

edited August 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Preview of new discussion contains invisible close cross, before you hover on it.

Mozilla 3.6.6

Vanilla 2.0

Comments

• I am having this exact same issue, any suggestions on how to fix it?
  • edited September 2010
    The best way is to make your own theme and override the css for that. I don't know what the css is for it, but you should be able to figure it out with either Firebug or "Inspect Element" in Chrome. You can also just view source on the page, find the 'x' and then see what element surrounds it.

From there, you can override the css for that area to look the way you want it to.

The relevant html is:

<a href="#" class="Close"><span>×</span></a>
    You can use css to style the "Close" class to have a different color. Should be able to reference it by a.Close.

So like:

a.Close span { color: #ccc; }
    If you really don't want to make your own theme, you should be able to just add it to the default theme in the css there at the bottom.

Edit: I tried this on my forums and I can verify that the above css will indeed change the color of the x on the preview new discussion pop-up.