Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No discussions in a category but category still shows there is 1 post.

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I started a new and the only discussion at my site's forum in a category 'abc'. Now when I've deleted the discussion, the link to category 'abc' on the sidebar still shows '1' posts in that category. When I go that category the page correctly shows that there are no discussions in this category. What I wanted to figure out is why then the sidebar shows 1 posts corresponding to 'abc' category?
Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, this also happens if you edit a post as moderator and change the category for that post. The discussion counter for the forum to which the post is moved is correctly incremented but the counter for the original forum remains static.

This seems to be a bug -- the CountDiscussions field in the Vanilla DB for the original forum is not being decreased by 1 when a post is moved to a new forum.