Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

notifi issues...

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm struggling to find the root of a problem with the Notifi addon....

I've used it successfully on a forum I setup for my students - been running fine for years.
Now I have a new installation of Vanilla on another server - and having huge problems, it's just not working.... :(

Vanilla version: 1.1.10
Notifi version 2.0.4
[PHP 4.4.9, MySQL 5.0.90-community]

I've disabled all other addons - to check whether that is the problem, tested and tested again... no luck.... :-\
Seems that forcing the notification for all works fine - which is of course not ideal. But as soon as I uncheck that option - though all Notifi options show up fine on user accounts - checking any of the boxes does not keep the settings...
If I check the box to subscribe to the entire forum - then leave the page and return (or reload) - the box is unchecked again...

I've checked everything I can think of - doesn't seem to be a clash with any other addons (not using the one stated on the addon page) - checked DB as well, can't seem to find anything....

I'd really REALLY appreciate any help here... utterly lost now... and it was all going so well :( got 40 users now and they love the forum but can't do without the Notifi functions...
HELP - please ;)

PS: had a look at Vanilla2, managed to port everything over but this setup would take away too many of the lovely additions we're using, like category icons etc... so I want to keep this setup with Vanilla1
Tagged: