Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

why is it that search functionlity does not work properly on v2.0.9?

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i recently downloaded and installed the latest release of Vanilla. installed fresh for the first time and i noticed that searching for a single word or even two words, yields no results. of course i used words that had are present in posting discussions on the forum.

i read in this forum some bs replies to a post about someone having the same issues and that the problem has to do with mySQL limitations. i find this hard to believe. are we to assume from these statements that every web site on the Internet that uses mySQL and has a search form has the same problems?

so why not just get it working? Vanilla seems like a good forums program indeed but please, address the bugs; i think this would be a major one.

Comments

• Options
    The search for discussion works with 2.0.6
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the reply Davidis.

Nice that seach works in 2.0.6? Does anyone know why it fails to work in the current (2.0.9) version and is there a fix that can or will be applied in the future?

I am wanting to have a forum that is searchable by States, towns, or areas. It would be nice if someone could enter "Alaska" or any single word that might appear in a topic post. Isn't that an expected function of a search?
  • Options
    Search works fine for me in 2.0.9
  • Options
    broken on my 2.0.9 as well. you could raise a bug about this at http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues . i think this is meant to be a Q&A site for forum users, but it's really not made very clear. unfortunately the forum admins seem to be MIA at the moment, or at least they're not paying a lot of attention to bugs raised in the forum right now.
  • Options
    search in comments works fine, but search is definitely not returning matching discussion titles. you can create a thread with a nonsense title like xxxxxxxx to test it.
  • Options
    plus, it seems the query isn't "escaped".
    for example searching "D'angelo" gives no results, whereas "D\'angelo" or "angelo" is working