Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cyrillic file titles dont show up as bg's with JQuery (non-vanilla topic)

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey there,

non-vanilla question for people experienced in html/css/js.

Here is the problem:

I have a page in Russian http://a-group.com.ua/serv/construction/ and have set up a script that changes/rotates background images. Almost like banner rotation script, but it changes background. The problem is that the files (images) are saved in Cyrrilic symbols on an Apache server (which does not support Cyrillic at all, I believe).

Problem: make the backgrounds appear.

I use PHP, XHTML, CSS2 and JQuery. I have tried to urlencode() and win2utf() but I see no result. The paths to images are stored in myattr3 in li's of ol#banners-pager, and the recursive function I wrote simply fetches that path and puts it on the background of div#content.

I could of course manually create copies of files and give them Latin sybmols names, but that route is undersirable and does not solve the problem on a large scale.

Please help. Ask for any technical info, if you need.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SS ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Save images with latin only names.