Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Quote Selection] Quotes aren't transferred to the comment box when using jQuery WYSIWYG Editor

edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Running: PHP 5.2.9, MySQL 5.0.91-community, Vanilla 2.0.9
Browsing with: Chromium 6.0.472.53 (57914) / Ubuntu 10.04

When using the jQuery WYSIWYG editor, quote selector just focuses on the comment box when a user tries to click the quote button after selecting text. The comment box remains empty, or remains the same as before I clicked the quote button.
Tagged:

Comments

• Generally, this is the problem of WYSIWYG addon, since it does not provide two-way synchronization of text. So that when I paste text to "real" textbox (which is hidden when WYSIWYG is active), no synchronization occurs, and new text does not appear in WYSIWYG box.

I could add checks for WYSIWYG present and provide workarounds, but better solution is to ask authors of these addons to fix that. Such behavior of WYSIWYG is monopolistic, so that ANY addon that works with comment text box encounter such problems.