Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Categories controller

cdavidcdavid New
edited September 2010 in Questions
Hello!

I am trying out the categories as my main entry point in the application (set via Dashboard -> Routes -> DefaultController -> categories).

Still, when it shows the discussions from each category, it doesn't show the announcements in that category. Is this an intended feature or just a design choice?

Thanks,

Catalin
Tagged:

Comments

• Bump.

Im having the same issue. unsure if this is a bug or a design feature
  • LincolnLincoln Community Instigator Vanilla Staff
    As far as I know, announcements are global-only.

Sr Developer at Vanilla Forums [GitHub, Twitter]

• edited October 2010
    That cant be true as i found a way to edit the categories controller so that the announcements show only i cant concatenate the 2 datasets.
    using the catagories controller code changing line 121 i can show announcements:

$Wheres = array('d.CategoryID' => $Category->CategoryID);
    $this->CategoryDiscussionData[$Category->CategoryID] = $DiscussionModel->GetAnnouncements($Wheres);

but the normal discussions will no longer show.
  • Changing the Vanilla code makes it hard to maintain this application. We could suggest a patch to the team, but I am not sure this what they intended by Announcements in Vanilla.

/cd
  • i know changing the code is not ideal.
    but if you filter discussions by category using discussions controller it does still show announcements.

a proper fix in the code would be good but if it works my users stop complaining.
  • I have a version of this that works if anybody is interested.