Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error in trying to start the Vanilla Forum

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have my own domain name and I am creating a web site on a free server. I uploaded the Vanilla Forum and when trying to start it, having navigated in my browser, I got the following error: Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a3395946/public_html/vanilla-2.0.10/vanillaforums-Garden-b8cd4b4/library/core/functions.error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a3395946/public_html/vanilla-2.0.10/vanillaforums-Garden-b8cd4b4/bootstrap.php on line 21. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• Yes, you need the PDO driver for MySQL installed on the server. If the hosting website does not provide that, you should be looking for another one or consider hosting on vanillaforums.com

/cd
  • edward,

Check
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    On your server, and see if you have mysql or respective database pdo support. If not install that module either through RPM or re-compile your php source with --with-pdo=

It should work.