Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Trying to install Vanilla Forum on web site problem

edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have my own domain name and I am creating a web site on a free server. I uploaded the Vanilla Forum and when trying to start it, having navigated in my browser, I got the following error: Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a3395946/public_html/vanilla-2.0.10/vanillaforums-Garden-b8cd4b4/library/core/functions.error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a3395946/public_html/vanilla-2.0.10/vanillaforums-Garden-b8cd4b4/bootstrap.php on line 21. Can anyone help? Thanks

Comments

• I used to get a similar error when I didn't have the conf/ folder on the server. Can you please make sure once more if all the required files are on the server?

/cd
  • Thanks. I reuploaded when I saw several files not there. I called the new folder "Vanilla" and , now when I navigate, thru my browser, to this folder, I see the Index of that folder. Question is, how should I start it? It doesn't automatically start, as the instructions said it would.
  • This is the list:
    Index of /Vanilla

* Parent Directory
    * .gitignore
    * LICENSE.txt
    * applications/
    * bootstrap.php
    * cache/
    * conf/
    * js/
    * library/
    * plugins/
    * readme.html
    * themes/
    * uploads/
  • Ok, now uploaded index.php (it wasn't originally uploaded for some reason) and now get the following error: Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a3395946/public_html/Vanilla/library/core/functions.error.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a3395946/public_html/Vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 21
  • Looks like the same error to me. This is what I have in my Vanilla installation:
    applications/ bootstrap.php cache/ conf/ .htaccess index.php js/ library/ LICENSE.txt plugins/ readme.html themes/ uploads/

Please make sure the conf/ folder has the original things, clear the cache and uploads folders and give it another spin. If it's still not working, try to get a screenshot of the entire file system tree on the server so we can compare it.

/cd
  • I'm trying to reload the entire Folder onto the server, having a little trouble and short on time. It might be that the entire Folder DID NOT upload. I will let you know. It just might be a few days, since I won't be at this computer after today. I do appreciate your help, though and will let you know, one way or the other.
    Thank you.
  • sure.

/cd
  • I checked everything that was downloaded to my computer to what I uploaded to the server and it matches exactly. I now get the error: Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found in /home/a3395946/public_html/vanilla/conf/config-defaults.php on line 16
    when I navigate to the folder "vanilla" which is what I called it. I presume I can call it anything I want, rather than what was downloaded?
    The tree structure is exactly what I downloaded. I could send you the zipped file that I got when downloading the software, if that would help?
    Thanks, as always,
    Ed
  • Do you have PHP MySQL PDO extension installed and enabled on your machine? It is one of the prerequisites of Vanilla.

/cd
  • I just found out that PDO is not supported at the server I am using for the plan I have.
    I guess that's why it didn't work. Thanks for your help.
  • no problem.

/cd