Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Private conversation oddities

ShmizzleShmizzle New
edited October 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I love Vanilla's private conversation feature, where multiple people can participate in a private conversation. Awesome!

I noticed two oddities though:

After initially starting a conversation (click someone's username, then click "send username a message", type your message, then click "Start conversation"), the page reloads... but I'm taken to the same page I was on before. The input boxes are there, with the recipient and message input boxes filled out.

After a few seconds, I'm then taken to the vanillaforums.org/messages/* page, which shows the private conversation. (However, on my forum, I'm never taken to that page; it just stays on the "start conversation" page with the recipient/message input boxes and never redirects. I'm wondering if it's the theme -- Old blue -- or maybe a plugin or something misconfigured on my server? It works on this forum though.).

In my mind, it would be better to just take the user directly to the conversation page, instead of doing a reload and then redirecting after ~3 seconds or however long it takes.

Also: "In this Conversation" shows both myself and the recipient being in the conversation at the exact same time, even though that's not possible because I just started the conversation and that user isn't logged in.