Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

[Twitter Feeds Addon] Explanation How to use it*

edited February 2011 in Questions
This discussion is related to the Twitter Feeds addon.
How can I use it and where?
Every addon must to have a documentation, help or How to use.

Comments

• Yeah, I'd like to know too. I just can no figure it out.
  • edited January 2011
    1. Download, install & activate the Plugin

2. Go to your User Profile-page

3. Click on "Edit User Account"

4. In the very bottom, there is a new Textfield "Twitter Name" --> add the desired Twitter account

5. Save the changes

6. Refresh your Profile-page...
    Is this OK, @otto1303 & @theocas ?
  • @oliverraduner I activated it on my profile page. It showed me few of my Twitts but then titts disapeared and all I see now is a header which shows @mytwittername and nothing else. I published a Twitt to test it but still nothing.
  • Most likely an issue with the newest build of Vanilla. I am still running 2.0.17.6 so I cannot test it at the moment... but I will investigate this issue and let you know when a fix is available.
  • Problem with version 2.0.18b. As soon as I upload it to Plugins folder it complitely knocks out entire website. Any idea why?
  • My problem with it is on my own profile. My Twitter name is : ol_hippie ,but when I enter it I get this message : Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long. hmmm...
  • It showed me few of my Twitts but then titts disapeared and all I see now is a header which shows @mytwittername and nothing else.
    @berdia I hope it were not your personal titts disappearing ;-) Jokes aside, there was indeed an issue with gathering the *right* tweets. I have fixed this for the new release. This version will also (optionally) consider Retweets & Replies.
    I have to add though, that Twitter changed their API which of course influenced the functionality of the plugin...
    Problem with version 2.0.18b. As soon as I upload it to Plugins folder it complitely knocks out entire website. Any idea why?
    No clue what might cause this behaviour, I couldn't reproduce it. But anyway, as mentioned there will be a new version out the next few days - I have it quite finalised it already.
    My Twitter name is: ol_hippie, but when I enter it I get this message: Username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and must be between 3 and 20 characters long. hmmm...
    @olhippie Cannot reproduce this either, but have to check with Vanilla 2.0.18b if it might be a new restriction. Will consider it for the new release of the plugin.