Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to switch off Conversations function?

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I really need to disable or switch off the Conversations function fast. Can someone please help! I have no idea how to do this.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Turn off the Conversations application in your dashboard.

Dashboard -> Addons -> Applications -> Conversations [Disable]

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    thanks. too many late nights working on websites... I really missed the obvious here. Cheers.
  • Options
    After disabling Conversations, the Inbox remains in the menu. Is there a way to remove this? Which file can I edit?

Thanks again, Tim, or whoever can help.
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Inbox should disappear when you disable Conversations, unless you're using a theme that didn't implement it properly. This is the behavior I am seeing when I disable Conversations locally. Have you modified Vanilla at all? What version are you running?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    I'm using the latest version 2.0.13 with the Embed Friendly theme. I haven't made any mods except localization. When I switch to the Vanilla theme the inbox disappears as it should.
  • Options
    I also need to disable conversations feature. The "inbox" link remains visible in the embed and mobile themes, linking to "page not found."
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2010
    I believe the culprit is in /applications/dashboard/views/modules/signedin.php

It's adding the 'inbox' link without regard to whether Conversations is present. Issue filed: https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/issue/646

For now, delete this line from the above file:
    <?php echo Anchor(T('Inbox'), '/messages/all'); ?> <?php echo $CountInbox; ?>