Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Enable voting on selected categories

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'd love to use your voting addon on my site as a 'feature request' tracker. However, the addon currently works on either all or none of the categories and voting on support/miscellaneous questions doesn't really make sense to me.

Would it be possible to enable/disable the voting addon for specific categories only?

Comments

• I'd like to see this feature implemented as well, I'm happy to help dev if someone could point me in the right direction
  • It is easy to enable / disable in only one conversation. The problem is when you view the discussions page which contains posts from different categories and you have to enable / disable voting for each one.
    @Todd might help more.

/cd
  • I would like to see just a "sort by popular" tab in a category view. I don't know if it would need quite a bit more code for this or just the inclusion of a few lines. Anyone been able to do that yet by chance?
  • I'd like to see this feature implemented as well...

is there any update now

• Same happens to me. Damn it. Well, could you tell me how to disable voting on a specific post?

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@ericruiz said:
    Same happens to me. Damn it. Well, could you tell me how to disable voting on a specific post?

Current version of Voting plugin does not allow to specify which Categories and/or Posts can be voted. Such feature needs to be implemented.

I suggest posting a feature request on the Community, possibly offering to sponsor it. In the request, make sure to specify which version of Vanilla you would be using (full version number), as 2.1 is quite different from 2.0.