Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need advice for a new plugin: Play MP3 Links

remoukremouk New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just made this new plugin, but I'd like to know if:

- The description is clear enough (I'm not english)
- The name is well suited

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think your plugin has a great name! Here is an edit of your description, but really, it's fine.

Automatically adds a Play button to each link that refers to an mp3 file so you can listen to them right in the page. Thanks to 1 Bit Audio Player: http://1bit.markwheeler.net

Just activate the plugin and then every link that refers to a mp3 file will be enhanced with a small Play button.

If you want me to get pedantic here:
    1. Icons are now 128x128 as a default.
    2. It's probably better if you upload plugin images as png files so that they maintain their quality.

Really, no big deal though. Thanks for the plugin!
  • Options
    @Todd Thanks, I made the few changes. Can you please get rid of the first and ugly screenshot? Looks like I can't.
  • Options
    I like it, though it would be cool if their was a variety of player sizes or types. I just find the player very small
  • Options
    @remouk not sure if you tested this but when one of my users posted a title with .mp3 it showed up in the title on the discussion page, yikes
  • Options
    remoukremouk New
    edited December 2010
    @remouk not sure if you tested this but when one of my users posted a title with .mp3 it showed up in the title on the discussion page, yikes
    Can you give me the link so I take a look at it? I'm not sure I can do anything, though, the plugin inserts http://1bit.markwheeler.net and that's pretty much it.

Btw, the size is chosen so it doesn't break paragraphs and everything, that's the whole point of the plugin. If you need something else, you can edit the default.php file and change the size by editing this line: oneBit.specify("playerSize", "10");. I know that's not user friendly, sorry.
  • Options

is there any way to avoid embedding some files, like the downloads?