Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot Reopen Closed Discussions!!

edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello I just upgraded from vanilla 2.0.15 from 2.0.14 and suddenly now when I try cancel commenting on someone's discussion, it automatically closes it x_x.

I tried to reopen it and it says the settings are saved by nothing really happens. I really hope someone will help me out in this.

Thank you.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2010
    I seriously doubt that is what's actually happening. The cancel button is just a hyperlink - it doesn't do anything.

Where is your forum? Do you have any plugins enabled? Can you give one of the admins here access so we can try to duplicate it?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    OK - We've been looking at this one and we have found the bug. Working on a fix now.
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Okay, it looks like there was a bug when the last comment is deleted. I've fixed things in our unstable branch, but here are the fixed files if you want the fix right now.

These replace files in /applications/vanilla/models.
  • Thank you for the quick support. I have been using the opensource for quite sometime and it's been a very good experience. Keep up the good work :)
  • That did fix the problem of being unable to reopen closed discussions when something like that happened. However, the closed discussions went to the last page and the last place whe the bug was there. When I reopened them using the new fixed files they continued to stay in the same place regardless of the date the discussion was started. I hope I made sense lol. Thank you again.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Are there a lot of them? If it's just a couple you could post a new comment and delete it to reset the last-updated date.
  • Yes there are only some and I'll do as you directed @Lincoln. Thanks for the amazing support.

I'd pray this opensource project becomes the most used forum platform on the internet. Have a good day.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Thanks @manishblogs!
  • I got the same problem here with 2.0.18. Do I have to incorporate the fix as well or will it break something?