Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrading from version to version

edited December 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm new and trying out vanilla.

When upgrading from version to version, is it as simple as uploading the entire folder and overwriting everything?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    The upgrade process is included in the announcement of each new version: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13863/vanilla-2.0.16-released
  • Options
    Overwriting .htaccess is a problem, no? Shouldn't the default .htaccess file in the vanilla package be something else (maybe htaccess.txt) so it's not overwritten?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Only if you've modified it.
  • Options
    I do it slightly different then it's recommended there. I extract new version into temporary folder, then I copy over the files and directories that are needed from old installation (uploads/, cache/, themes/, non-core plugins etc.) and all the files I modified. Finally I move old installation into some archive folder, and move new installation on its place.

This is for me somehow faster and safer way to upgrade then the recommended one. It's easier to script it too.