Fork me on GitHub

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Ready to contribute?

Amazing! Sign our contributors' agreement and then join us on GitHub.

Current releases are 2.1.3 (9 Sept 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

Windows host question

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 Help
My hosting company tells me the following:

"We are only a windows host so I`ll so we can`t move you to an apache machine. Looking at their site, I don`t think this software works on a windows server. You will need to contact them to verify this and maybe ask for proper install instructions for a windows server."

Can Vanilla run on a windows host, if so, what do I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• I had that issue with zencart on a windows server and I ended up just having to rename the .htaccess file to 1.htaccess - I am just not getting it right with Vanilla. It now seems that pod_mysql needs to be installed and enabled, so I'm waiting for my ISP to sort it out and then I'll see
  • yip, rename the htaccess files on the server and then get the ISP to install and enable pdo_mysql. seems to have done the trick to get the install screen up but now apparently I gotta find a way to get the install to look for port 3307 instead of 3306 for the database...that's now another discussion on its own