Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[SOLVED] After publishing to Webserver "Too many redirects"

oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010Switzerland ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just published my Vanilla 2 installation (2.0.16) from my local Dev environment to the WebServer.

I made sure to copy all relevant information from the previous "config.php" to the new one, so as keeping the old ".htaccess"-file and the upload-folder. I deleted the Cache folder, and also all previous "Cookies".

But when I navigate to my page now, it says "The page cannot be displayed, because there were too many redirects."

Does anybody have a clue, why this could happen in my productive environment? I don't really see any difference from a) the previous published site (Vanilla RC2), nor b) my local environment...

Thanks for any help,
Oliver

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2011
    Try disabling RewriteURLs in the config.php. (Not a final solution, but somewhere to start).

There's a conflict between your rewrite rules somewhere.
  • Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Thanks @Lincoln for the tip. I tried this already without success, but forgot to mention it.

When I visit the page, I get redirected to the URL: http://myforum.com/webroot/?page=/entry/signin
    But this is then where the error occurrs.

What I am wondering is, why Vanilla sends me to the Signin page, because this is not required to view my site as Guest...
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Are you sure there are no other htaccess/httpd.conf rewrite rules being applied to your site?
  • Options
    hmm.. haven't analyzed it again. will have a deeper look.
  • Options
    Not sure why - but an upload of version 2.0.17.3 solved this issue.