Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Auto-resizing text box issues?

ShmizzleShmizzle New
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Has anyone had issues with the auto-resizing comment text box ever? I just had a couple users tell me that occasionally it cuts off the bottom line of their text and they have to play with the arrow keys to make it visible. One of the users is using Firefox on Win7, not sure about the other user. I use Opera 11 on Win7, and never had any problems myself.

Comments

• I just experienced this myself with a long post, one longer than the current screen height.
  • @codegrunt yours will be caused by the textbox not having scrollbars which were turned off for auto resizing so there is the same problem if js is not enabled. May look at a fix for this.
  • I found an updated version of the js/jquery.autogrow.js that Vanilla uses here and am using it right now. I'll let you know if the version fixes the issues experienced by my users.