Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Updating profile information via external app

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

I have an external app with its own profile section that I am wanting to use in preference to the vanilla profile. What I would like is that when a user edits their profile in my external app those changes are reflected in vanilla. The changes that I would like to be able to "push" across are name, email and picture.

I had thought that the name and email would be updated via the response received from the auth call, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Are these details not updated by design (if so, what is the reason?) or have I got something wrong somewhere and they should be being updated.

Regarding the profile image, can we please add an option to store the image URL as an absolute (excluding domain name) URL rather than relative? I see that "/uploads/" is hard-coded and I'd like to be able to handle all of the image stuff via my external profile and then manually set the profile image URL in the database.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

Cheers.
Tagged: